The USPS Form 1583 must be completed by anyone who rents a PO Box or private mailbox within the United States. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the regulating authority when it comes to mail and how it is handle inside the United States. The USPS sets guidelines for Commercial Receiving Agencies and businesses who handle other individuals’s mail.
Many who first look at the form are completely lost from the start and we completely understand. The terms and the way the application layout can be daunting at first glance. As a result, we have put together a short how-to to get you going. Still cannot figure it out? No Problem! Just give us a call or send us an email and we will guide you through the process. We also have examples that we can provide to help clarify things if needed. See below for step-by-step instructions on completing the form.
1. Enter in today’s date.
2. Enter your name. (Add Spouse’s name here also).
3a-d: Enter in your address that was given to you in your welcome email including your four digit mailbox number.
4a-e: Enter in the Traveling Mailbox address which can be located on the Header of this page.
5. Sign your name here if you would like for us to sign for your restricted mail and packages.
6. Enter your name again here.
7a-d: Enter in your home address.
7e: Enter in your telephone number.
8: State which two Government issued ID’s you plan to send to prove your identity. (Be sure to include copies of these when you send in the form.)
Acceptable identification includes: valid driver’s license or state non-driver’s
identification card; armed forces, government, university, or recognized
corporate identification card; passport, alien registration card or certificate of
naturalization; current lease, mortgage or Deed of Trust; voter or vehicle
registration card; or a home or vehicle insurance policy.
9. Enter the name of your business (if applicable).
10a-d: Enter in the address of your business (if applicable).
10e: Enter in your business telephone number including the area code (if applicable).
11. Enter the type of Business
12. If your business will be receiving mail, enter in the names of members who will be receiving mail at your new address. This is also where you can list minors receiving mail.
13. If you are a corporation, list the name and addresses of the officers.
14. If your business has been registered, list the name of county and state, and date of registration.
15. Signature of Agent/Notary Public
16. Signature of Applicant.